Friday

Out of the mountains and into Leh…


We finally made it back to a city, and oh, how I missed it!  Just looking around at cars and people and even cows felt good.  I laid down in my bed in my hotel and savored it.  Of course, that could only last a few minutes, since I had to go see Leh!  You’re only in India once, right? 
The town was cool, but Leh is very touristy.  We hit it at the end of tourist season, but we still had to pay tourist prices!  I really enjoyed shopping there.  Unlike stores back home, these shops would offer you tea, sit you down and pull every single thing off the shelf to see if you are interested.  The tea is good, and I bought two beautiful scarves to take home. 
On top of that, I got to visit a beautiful monastery, and see the biggest Buddha I’ve ever seen! 

It was really good to see the cultural aspect of the country, as well as the geological.  All in all, I had an amazing time, but by the end, I was ready to go home to see my family.  It was a journey I’ll never forget.
The cow and I were good buddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment